Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love Muffins

Hi All,

For the past two weeks, I've been baking muffins on Sundays for breakfast bites for the week...Kenn and Kyle are loving them to pieces (literally!). Last week, I adapted Katie Lee Joel's banana bread recipe into muffins, and this week, I altered it a bit for double berry muffins....recipes follow...

Banana Nut Muffins

2 c. all-purpose flour

3/4 t. baking soda

1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. kosher salt

1 c. sugar

1/2 c. canola oil

2 large eggs
1 t. pure vanilla extract

1/2c. buttermilk

3 medium bananas, mashed

1/2 c. walnuts, finely minced (about 2 oz.) - I used almond slivers here since Kyle isn't a huge walnuts fan.


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay cupcake cups in a cupcake/ muffin pan. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

2. In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk in three additions. Gently stir in the bananas and nuts.
3. Pour the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. (for the double berry muffins use 1 cup of roughly chopped craisins and fresh blueberries instead of mashed banana)

Next, I plan to try a recipe with chocolate or something with veggies since Kenn loves mama's love muffins and hates vegetables. I also plan to try some dessert recipes our friends featured on The Cody Report ...yum!!!

2 comments:

kyllan said...

The muffins sounds good! I may have to try that. I am thinking of doing some breakfast casseroles soon, so I may make some to go along with that.

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy you just might see them on my blog after I resurface into the land of the living that is...now back to the lab I go...