Sunday, January 11, 2009

What the Crap!

So...

We.Are.Sick

And by WE, I mean everybody en la casa de Brazile! It started off with Kenn, who came home from preschool (aka the germ box) with an upset tummy and the squirts. This phenomena quickly hit mommy and daddy who are too weak for words. After a long night that I won't go into, we realized some sad truths:

a. Kenn is our best hope for anyone taking care of us when we get old! She read me her fav stories, Hop on Pop and Blue Hat Green Hat, as I laid on the couch praying to God that my body would pick a climate and stick to it!

b. We have no friends here in the woods. We live at least 45 minutes from anyone who could come pick me up off the floor, and since the big sis is probably in church, we should probably consider this not happening again until we move to Durham.

c. I should probably get started on that resolution to attempt to make friends here. I am very social usually, but have long held the notion that since I have such fab girlfriends elsewhere, there was no rush. Yea, none of them can pick my lifeless body off the floor, so I probably need to re-visit that logic!

Hubby and Kenn are taking naps now, so I am going to try and will myself healed in the next hour!

3 comments:

William said...

I hope you guys feel better. Sorry I am not close of enough to come pick anyone up of the ground... It does suck to realize that with all of the great friends you have made over the years, none of them live near you.

Welcome to the Brazile Brief! said...

Indeed it does suck. Luckily, I somehow willed myself "better" to take care of the rest of the fam yesterday. AND, my sister dropped off enough soup to last for about two weeks!

kyllan said...

Awww... I wish a speedy recovery for everyone in la casa de Brazile!